
14 de Augosto, 2008
This week I started classes which was really exciting for me. I go to La Escuela de Idioms and I am taking 5 classes; Advanced grammer, history, literature, conversation, and a seminar on U.S.-Mexico border relations. They all seem very interesting, except I had to miss the 3rd day of class due to finally getting sick. I basically thought I was going to die. But after missing and sleeping the whole day, my senora fed me pedialyte, tea, and veggie soup to make me feel better. I have also been taking Zumba classes which is basically a cross between intense jazzercise and latin dancing for an hour long (probably on of the most intense workouts I have ever done). Today I had a different instructor than usual, and he was a man that was laughing and making fun of the women because they couldent get the rhythm and steps since we were of course dancing to Fergalicious, Yeah by Usher, and of course we couldent leave out Low by Flo-Rider. That was fun cause I knew all the words and could for sure keep up more than most women in my class. Haha. They probably are like who is this weird American girl considering that these classes are a block away from my house, and none the less, most women attending are native to Guanajuato. Don’t worry though because here in Mexico, during Zumba, they also play Come on Over by Christina Aguilera in Spanish. That’s right, Ven Conmigo, Ven Conmigo Baby. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment